I went into what is supposed to be “the guest room” fully intending to prepare the room for an actual guest, but I got a little sidetracked.
After successfully emptying one box, I moved on, or I would have moved on, but the next box had a collection of granny squares like this:
Measuring six-and-a-half inches across, it (and it’s compatriots) were exactly one-half inch too large for Project Amigo, and while, of late, the rehab has been more about building onto remnants that are too small, I decided that frogging these “just a bit too big” granny squares and reworking them was the better course of action, and I did exactly that:
Which meant that not only had I made the guest room four granny squares roomier, I was ready to return to what is the now “sixteen minus one” array of crochet remnants.
I started by weaving in and trimming the ends. In what seemed like no time, they were ready for the next round:
While I had a little trouble getting the size right on a couple of the squares, with some frogging and a judicious use of various sizes of hooks, I eventually got all “sixteen minus one” remnants rehabbed:
And while I never made it back down to the guest room, I did find sixteen new crochet remnants to rehab:
I need to finish work on these and another 174 crochet remnants before I can call this project done, but I will continue, one week, one day, one remnant, and one stitch at a time until I reach my goal.