I spent most of my crochet time this Boxing Day working to bring order to the sudoku afghan that I am making for my youngest son.
Now that I am working on the project openly, when my son is able to tear himself away from his beloved Minecraft, he offers up his thoughts on the project, one of which was that a wider border between the completed sudoku puzzles would make it clearer where one puzzle ended and another puzzle began.
In looking over the particulars of the project, I realized that he was right, and so when I had my non-crochet morning obligations met and was ready to sit down and work on my crochet, one of the first things I did was add a second round of single crochet stitches to one of the completed sudoku puzzles.
Here is the puzzle with an additional round worked in Red Heart Super Saver soft navy:
and here is a detail of the newly enhanced border:
I spent the rest of my crochet time engaging in what I think of as “tidying up.” I completed borders, wove in ends and finished one of the nine-patch squares that form the foundation of a sudoku puzzle. By the time I needed to leave for a previously scheduled late afternoon appointment, the project was beginning to achieve some semblance of order:
I am hoping to have this done in time for the New Year, by which point I will be ready to embark on some other crochet adventure.