Today my life was the epitome of efficiency; I finished the pot holders for Josef Albers, except they are really for me:
Two of the potholders took a bit longer to felt, but with another 20 minutes of effort, all four were done.
It is wonderful to have these potholders nearly ready to use (they are all done but the drying), but as unfinished objects go, they are of recent vintage having been begun on December 17, 2012.
But no matter the vintage of a particular UFO, I have a bunch of them, and it was time to on, so got out these four pocket-pals/forest-friends to-be:
As I prepared to work on them, I went in search of a light gray yarn that I know I have, but I found these first:
This collection is part of a long forgotten and long abandoned project that I began in the early aughties when my youngest son (now a sophomore in high school) was much younger.
I began the project before I discovered the magic that is the Clover bent-tipped yarn needle, and while I adore Anne Halliday’s designs (of which this is one), I was soon overwhelmed by the number of ends to be woven in, but now I have Clover bent-tipped yarn needles, and they have truly changed my life.
Today, with my Clover bent-tipped jumbo yarn needle in hand, rather than being overwhelmed by the number of ends to be woven in, I was determined to make progress. I set the pocket-pals/forest-friends aside and began to tackle the messy pile of hexagons. Two hours later, my life was changed; with the help fo the magic yarn needle I had made dinner woven in the ends of these hexagons:
and had a slightly larger number that still needed attention:
With Project Linus make-a-blanket day coming up soon, I am thinking that this is an excellent choice in UFOs, and finishing it will make a big dent in an even bigger mess in my yarn annex.
In the meantime, I have some ends I need to weave in.