I have been working on this project diligently (if not exclusively) for almost two months now, and the last week or so I have not been able to see how, or if, it would come together as planned by the date it is due, and I have been looking for ways to get some traction on the project, and today, I am beginning to think that I just may finish this after all.
After an early morning errand, the first order of business was to join the four strips of blocks that I had pieced together yesterday (seen here in their natural habitat):
to what is now the central piece of the work.
By early afternoon, I had finished attaching of the strips (seen here from the front):
and woven in all of the ends (seen here from the back):
Buoyed by my success at finally getting the strips joined, I then worked to make the 25 additional 1×1 Bauhaus blocks needed for the center of the motifs-to-be; I got all of those blocks made with the ends woven in before it was time for dinner:
After dinner, I made a point of getting myself organized for tomorrow.
I gathered together the small scraps of yarn that have been accumulating and put them in a bag, piled the yarns for the project in one spot, and collected the pieces I have made that will not be a part of this project and set them aside.
Nothing with this project has gone quite as I had planned, but whatever tomorrow’s crochet adventure, I am ready.