My last foray into a bin of unidentified crochet led me to a spectacular cache of crochet remnants that I can use to rehab into five and six-inch squares for Project Amigo, and as I have recently been to storage and retrieved a couple of bags and yet another bin of crochet, I decided that I would dig deeper into my trove of yarn bits before moving on.
To say that I was rewarded for my efforts would be an understatement. In just ten minutes I had this assortment of crochet remnants in need of rehab:
There are circles, granny squares, and a number of square-ish pieces, the “ish” stemming from the fact that they are really every-so-slightly rectangles, and when I square them off, that needs to be taken into account.
But before I have to worry about any of that, I needed to get ends woven in which I did, for the most part, but I found myself having to leave the ends of four of these crochet cookies for later:
Leftover from my 2013 North Carolina State Fair project:
I have never properly documented the pattern I designed to make these crochet cookies, so before I move forward with squaring them off, I need to get the specific details of original design written into a pattern.
But that left me with plenty of other ends to weave in, which I did, and here is how far I got before the day got away from me:
Now that I am ten months in to this crochet rehab project, I am very glad that Dr. Brown thought to ask me to contribute. It is allowing me to put the pieces I have to use, and it’s also forcing me to finally write down at least a couple of the fifty or so undocumented designs I have created, one stitch at a time.