I love making big, colorful, complicated projects, but one hazard of working on a big, complicated project is that sometimes you encounter a complication, and sometimes the resolution of the complication is not immediately revealed, and you have to set the project aside and let ideas percolate until you have a solution.
Fortunately for me, however, the Tetrisghan is coming along more or less as I first envisioned it. I spent most of Friday and Saturday working on elements of the first of two panels that will comprise the Tetrisghan.
Here is how it looked as of this morning after I had gotten my first cup of coffee and Clooney had taken his first walk of the day:
I still needed to crochet a few more tetriminos, but I had a most of them done.
About eight hours later, I had completed the first panel:
I couldn’t help but notice that the panel seemed to have the project equivalent of a cowlick, so I soaked it in a tub of warm soapy water, rinsed it, and then removed most of the moisture by rolling it between several towels.
By sunset, the panel was still damp, but overall, it looked slightly less unruly:
The completed panel hints at movement which is an unexpected and welcome surprise; I can hardly wait to see what surprises tomorrow brings.