If I learned nothing from rehabbing fifty-five crochet remnants simultaneously, I learned this: it is hard to keep track of fifty-five crochet remnants. In the wake of this life lesson, I decided to keep my crochet focus more focused, and I settled on thirteen crochet remnants.
The thirteen remnants had all been housed in the same plastic bin and turned out to be an assortment of crochet leftovers from five different projects. Of those five projects, two had been completed, and three had been abandoned.
The journey to a thousand squares is not one that I want to abandon, particularly since I am not getting so close to the ends, so I began my more focused effort by weaving in ends where needed, frogging already crocheted joinings where needed, and recrocheting with the yarn that was salvaged during the aforementioned frogging.
In short order, I was ready to move on to the next round of rehab:
With my yarn and hooks and ruler at the ready, I continued my rehab efforts. It took me three tries to get the crochet cookie properly squared off and made into a five-inch square:
but despite the challenges and my inevitable failures (all of which were easily undone with a tug at the yarn), I was happy with my progress. And that progress I made led to more ends in need of weaving in. So I did:
It is entirely possible that I will have all thirteen remnants rehabbed and ready for adventure by the time I write my next blog post, and if I do, then this smaller, more rehab friendly assortmenet will definitely be a boost to my crochet mojo.