This past Tuesday, I finished crocheting the last cookie I would need to complete Cookieghan 2.0.
At least I thought I had, so the first order of business on Wednesday was to lay everything out and take a count to make sure that I had all of the cookies I thought I had.
I made a cookie bar graph using the small cookies and found that with all of the cookies pictured here:
the eight on the first motif I had completed, and two wayward cookies that I had placed in the “wrong” bag, I had indeed finished crocheting all of the small cookies.
Next, I inventoried the large crochet cookies:
Counting the large peppermint swirl cookie in the center of the one motif I had completed at that point, I had all 49 large cookies I would need.
I spent the rest of the day weaving in ends here and there on some of the cookies that were in need of ends being woven in and tried a few things to make sure that I knew exactly how I would be joining the motifs.
Today, however, I wasted no time getting to work joining motifs. As soon as I had finished with my morning obligations, I got to work.
Because of maintenance that is being done to the back deck where I usually set myself up for this kind of work, I was unable to work outside, and so spent most of the day indoors.
Here is my current work space for piecing:
and while it is more cat attractive than I would like, it does allow me to keep all of the pieces I will be using and tools I will need to join them in one place.
With my work station set up, I got to work and in what seemed like very short order, I had the second motif done:
The third and fourth motifs did not come together as quickly as the second one had, but eventually, I got them done:
The good part about getting to this point in a project is that what is left to be done is really, pretty straight forward, and as long as I stay focused and let the piecing being, I should be able to get all the pieces joined and ends woven in just in time for the fair.