In my quest to complete 25 amigurumi by July 24, I have been sorting through my partially completed projects which, as it happens, include several amigurumi in medias res.
Today, I gathered together the pieces for one of the amigurumi I had begun work on, a lamb featured in Tiny Yarn Animals by Tamie Snow. Once I sorted through the pieces, I found that I had six of the nine parts needed for the lamb:
Once I had tracked down the yarn I needed (Red Heart Super Saver aran and grey heather), I got out my 4.0mm hook and got to work. In short order, I had made the three missing pieces:
The next challenge was to embroider the nose and mouth onto the muzzle. My first effort did not go well, and I ended up taking the stitches out and starting over. Happily for me, the next try was more successful, and I then attached the muzzle to the head and laid it out with all of the other pieces to get a sense of how the completed lamb would look:
Now it was time to stuff the body. The pattern called for poly-fil beads, of which I had none. Recalling the advice of an amigurumi designer who suggested using plastic beads to weight amigurumi, I got out some pony beads (which I did have), filled the body about 80% of the way, and then used the poly-fiberfill for the remainder.
As can be seen in the photo, the pony beads make for a very stable lamb with good posture:
Like many sheep, Evelyn is a social being and likes to surround herself with friends:
Tomorrow is a new day, and I am not entirely certain what new crochet adventures await, but I am glad that I finally finished the inimitable Evelyn as she is a tremendous addition to my 25 amigurumi project.