This morning marked the end of a very busy twenty-four hour period with a number of odd-hour errands that had to be run in the aftermath of our recent winter weather.
The errands, like the snow on my street, had piled up while I was unable to leave the house to get things done, but as of this morning, they were more or less complete, and with those errands behind me, I returned to the project that has turned into the boho heart mandala, and which is giving me the opportunity to not only learn by trial, but by error as well.
Having secured second round of hearts to what I think of as a “stabilizing ring”:
I was ready to move on to what will be the final ring, so I got out my Red Heart Super Saver cherry red, and my trusty 4.5 mm Armour hook and got to work.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t until I had completed the second round an took this photograph that it was clear that I had made an error with the number of chains for the base, but six rows out it was clergies that the circle that would be too large:
As soon as I finish this blog post and take care of a couple non-crochet related things that need my attention, I will frog the work I have done so far, and start anew: moving forward one stitch at a time.