Today I did a bit of cleaning, both literally (I now have almost all of the yarn cleared off the top of the piano) and figuratively and some of that included the yellow ribbons I have been crocheting.
My figurative “cleaning” centered on weaving in ends on my current crochet projects, one of which is to make about 100 crochet yellow ribbons that I need to have done and sent to California before April 12.
I have been making at least five most days, but my efforts at weaving in ends have been much more haphazard, so when I was packing up a crochet bag of “things to do while waiting at a trumpet lesson,” I included what turned out to 17 yellow ribbons with ends in need of being woven in and which I was able to dispatch in under the allotted 45 minutes of the lesson:
With all available ribbons as done I as I could get them (the need to be blocked), I then turned my attention (and my bent-tipped Clover yarn needle) to six of cookies to be used in solving the cookie-dough-ku:
I got a start on the three crochet peanut butter blossoms and three crochet frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles while my son finished up his lesson, and then finished what remained shortly before sunset.
Here is how far I had gotten by sunset yesterday:
and here is the progress I had made by sunset tonight:
I don’t know what tomorrow’s crochet adventure will be, but I know I will enjoy each stitch I make and every end I weave in.