At this point, it doesn’t feel to me as if I have gathered the momentum I need to finish this project and unless I can stuff a month’s worth of work into six days, I’m not sure how I will get this done.
Much of what is left to do is very detail oriented with lots of seams to join and ends to weave in.
For the most part, what is left to do doesn’t work up quickly, so after I finished crocheting one of these pieces and tricking out both of them:
I turned my attention to the fourth corner of the project which has sat undone for over a year now:
After tracking down the colors I needed to complete the joining, I cut the requisite lengths of yarn, threaded the yarn needle, and got to work. What I had when I was done was this:
Relieved that I had gotten something done, I then got out my Vanna’s Choice toffee yarn and set to work figuring out how I would frame the pieces, and I got as far as this with one of the corners:
Satisfied with my progress on joining the overall project, I then turned to more of the detail work and managed to put these pieces together:
I still have a long way to go, so I guess I had better get to it.