Before I could get to my crochet this weekend, I had another crochet related task to complete: I had to pack a large USPS large flat rate board game box with the squares I had made for Project Amigo. It took some time, but with careful stacking and folding where needed, I was able to fit 140 five-inch crochet squares into the box, and once that was done, I returned to more standard crochet tasks.
The first thing I did was to complete a second round of crochet rehab on the nine front-burner crochet remnants. By the time I finished with that, I had two completed five inch squares and a lot of ends to weave in:
Having made progress on the crochet rehab, I turned to the boho granny squares I am making for a new crochet purse. I started by measuring the squares that were already made and found that I needed to downsize the square before I went any further.
Using one of the crochet circles I had at the ready, I made a few adjustments and in short order I had a new square that looks pretty much the same as the old square, but is more to scale for a purse that will make use of 29 squares:
With the boho granny square redesigned to both my satisfaction and size requirements, I went back to work on the crochet remnants. One square in particular was giving me crochet delight. It had a solid single crochet center from a long ago Bauhaus block I had made, and I was working a moss stitch in the round that ended up being a lot of fun to crochet:
and I eventually finished the square along with the other eight remnants I had selected for this particular nine patch of crochet rehab:
With the nine remnants all rehabbed and ready to go, there was only one thing left to do — pick nine more:
Tomorrow when the sun rises on the new day, I will get out my bent-tipped yarn needle, weave in the ends, and then begin moving forward the only way possible: one stitch at a time.