The journey to one thousand rehabbed crochet squares made from the myriad crochet remnants I have amassed over the years continues, and as I move forward, I try to think about what I can learn from this process. But the very process from which I am trying to learn, seems to require all of my attention, and whatever lesson it is supposed to impart has yet to be revealed to me.
But still, I persist.
I do so because I don’t know another way to be. Persisting is part of my nature, and while it is akin to the decidedly less flattering “pigheadedness,” it has, over the course of my life, served me well, and so I trust that even if the lesson I am to learn does not unfold as quickly as the journey to 1000 crochet squares does, it will at some point, be revealed.
But before that can happen, I need to finish the squares, so I started by weaving in the ends of my current front burner nine-patch:
It was relatively quick and easy work, which was good because what came after wasn’t difficult, but wasn’t quick. More than once I didn’t quite get the gauge I needed so I had to frog (unravel) some of the stitches I had made and either use a different size hook or different size stitch, or both.
When I settled in to work today, here is how far I had gotten:
I had made progress, but there was still work to be done, and while sometimes it feels as if I am working with a crochet wind at my back today was not one of those days, so I relied on my pigheadedness to see me through, and not only did I finish rehabbing the most recent nine patch of remnants:
I also found nine more to replace them!
I am sure that as I work to rehab these remnants, I will continue to ruminate on what lesson I can learn from this process, but if no lesson is ever revealed to me, I will simply continue to move forward, one stitch at a time.