After letting much of Friday get away from me, I woke up Saturday determined to make progress on my granny square bag.
The first order of business was to tackle the seams of the double lining. Using a reddish purple embroidery floss that I had on hand, I got to work on the seaming as soon as I had eaten breakfast and walked the dog.
My efforts were interrupted in the afternoon, but I returned to it this morning, and shortly before lunch, I finished the necessary seaming:
All that was left to do was to turn the double lining right side out:
smooth out the corners and seams so it could be inserted into the crochet bag:
and then whipstitch the lining into place:
By mid-afternoon, the only thing left to do was to weave in the ends of the two-round granny squares that formed the combination strap/finishing edge, and then attach them to the body of the bag.
To my delight, the pieces fit together better than I had hoped they would.
Here is one side of the newly completed bag:
and here is the other:
The bag is practically perfect as it is, but as soon as I find the exact right button, I will secure it to one side and crochet a loop on the other so that the bag can be more securely closed.
In the meantime I will used my practically perfect bag to do, well, practically anything.