This past weekend I couldn’t decide which of my two front burner projects I should work on, so I worked on them both.
First up was the practically perfect heart-festooned to-be bag.
I added to the collection of sixteen five-round granny squares that will be needed to complete the bag for a grand total of nine:
and then finished the second of two ten-round granny squares needed to complete the bag:
With eleven of the eighteen squares needed for the bag completed, I decided I had better lay them all out to get an overview of how the colors were (or were not) working together:
Satisfied that the one bag was coming together, I then turned my attention to the other: a bag to coordinate with my donut decorated Vans.
One thing I decided right off was that where possible, I would have squares that resembled actual donuts.
After several false starts and things not turning out quite as I thought they would, I finally came up with this prototype:
However, due to extreme awkwardness in assembling the finished pieces of the prototype, I made one change so that attaching the donut to the granny square would be less frustrating.
After getting the details of that figured out, I took hook to yarn and got a start on five donut granny squares:
There are still a few details to figure out for both bags, but I am very happy with the progress I made this weekend, and I expect to have them in the “ta-done” column sooner rather than later.