When I finished my last blog post, one of the first things I did after it was done was to get a box and try to pack all of the squares I had finished into it. It took awhile, but over the next forty-five minutes I counted squares an packed them into a box and when I was done, there were 410 newly rehabbed crochet squares to send which — when added to the forty-six squares I had already sent — left me with just 544 crochet squares to go.
While 544 squares probably seems like a large goal to some crocheters and a small or medium goal to others, for me it sounds like a much more achievable goal than one thousand crochet squares, and so it was with renewed determination and vigor that I got to work on the twenty-four crochet remnants I had identified for rehab.
With a generous stash of yarn at my side (as well as my dog), I tried out one color and then another. One remnant, for reasons I will never understand, resisted my efforts to turn it into a five-inch square, but I persisted despite the resistance and while I ended up falling a little short of my goal of getting all twenty-four remnants rehabbed:
I did get eighteen of them fully rehabbed, so now I just need to finish 526 squares, and when I add the eight crochet remnants that I didn’t get fully rehabbed to these sixteen new crochet remnants that I found in one of my bottomless bins of abandoned crochet pieces:
I will have to wait for daylight before I can start making any color decisions, but in the meantime, I can separate pieces that are currently joined, weave in and trim loose ends and prepare these remnants for their transformation, one stitch at a time.