This past weekend I set out with the best of intentions. I had a specific set of goals to achieve, and while I didn’t achieve the goals I set for myself, I did achieve others, and I have come to think of them as unintended goals.
My plan had been to finish work on the six remaining unfinished crochet remnants of an original group of twenty-four crochet remnants that I had been rehabbing, and I did execute that part of the plan:
But the other part of the plan involved rehabbing all sixteen of the ready-to-go crochet remnants, and I would have been able to do exactly that if I had not decided to sort through two bins of crochet.
I had been attracted to the bins by the assortment of colors in them, and thinking that I would find yarn I could use to finish my front burner crochet remnant rehab, I dove right in, and while I did find yarn I could use, I also found this cache of crochet remnants:
And once I had found them, I couldn’t “unfind” them. Then, with all of the remnants disentangled from each other, it seemed like the best use of my time would be to weave in all of those ends before they could re-tangle, so I did.
I started by pulling out the eleven remnants with their ends already woven in:
Then I wove in the ends of the two remnants that measured five square inches:
Lastly, I took bent-tipped needle to yarn. I wove in here, I wove in there, and then I carefully trimmed the ends and before the afternoon was over, I had this cache of crochet remnants ready for rehab:
I didn’t meet my intended goal, but I do have one empty bin, one organized bin, and a cache of crochet remnants ready for rehab, so I will continue to work intended and unintended goals with the same seriousness of purpose, one stitch at a time.