After the deep-freeze of the previous week, the moist and balmy weather on Friday was a welcome change of pace, and I took advantage of the warmer weather to work outside to finish felting the four potholders I had begun work on the previous day.
After half-an-hour of effort, however, a sudden change in the weather forced me and my potholders indoors.
Undeterred, I relocated to the kitchen and continued cranking my potholder and tennis ball filled Wonder Washer, and before it was time for lunch, I had finished with the felting.
After rolling the potholders between towels to get rid of as much of the excess moisture as I could, I carefully pinned them to my blocking mats, and in just two days, they were completely dry:
While I hint of ruffling remains, the potholders are officially finished, and tomorrow I will pack them up with a few other things, and send them off to their new home.
With the potholders consigned to crochet history, it did not take me long to find another project in need of attention. A cursory look around my new (but as yet to be organized) crochet empire headquarters brought me to Dotghan 1.5.
I started by threading some color pieces of yarn through the stitches to use as guides for placing the crochet dots:
Then, after settling on an overall arrangement, I laid out the first row:
and then appliqued them into place:
It is probable that Dotghan 1.5 will keep me busy most of the week. There are still about 100 rows of half-double stitches to crochet, and 30 additional dots to be placed and appliqued, but once it is done, I will have completed the troika of Dotghans that I first envisioned, and once the photographs are taken, I am sure that it will take me just a few minutes to find whatever is next.