Today I woke up wanting to get to my crochet. I was nearly done with the Fantascot I have been working on, and I was anxious to get going on the six sudoku afghan I had recently rediscovered, but I had unavoidable errands to run.
They were not particularly arduous or unpleasant, but like all errands, they took time, so I did not get as much crochet done as I would have liked, but still, I made forward progress.
Since one of errands took me right past my mother’s home, in a reversal of how I organized my crochet day on Monday and Tuesday, the first I project I worked on was the Fantascot so that while I was in the vicinity, I could pop in and see how it fit before I began adding the upper and lower ripple edges.
The first thing I did was finish weaving in all of the ends and joining all but one seam of the Fantascot:
Next, I completed the one remaining seam.
Here is one side of the Fantascot:
here is the other:
and here is a detail of the Catherine’s wheel strip which I loved making so much and found so engaging, I was ready to abandon all my holiday projects and just make row after row of this stitch pattern:
Instead, once I got home from my mother’s (and the Fantascot looks as though it will fit perfectly), I pulled out my chart and got to work on the six sudoku afghan:
and while I am not yet convinced I will be able to get this project done by bedtime on December 24, I will give it a try.