Sunday, I finished the “Panoply of Neutrals” basket, and in the wake of that achievement, I found myself unable to ignore the entropy that had subsumed my office/dining room.
With the official start of crochet season for my annual North Carolina State Fair project just a few weeks away, today I felt that I could no longer put off organizing my space and materials so that I would know what I had to work with for the upcoming event.
I decided to start with something on the small side so that I could achieve something approximating instant gratification. With that in mind, I selected this bin of yarn for my first efforts:
The bin contained full skeins that needed to be put away in some other receptacle as well as a number of partial skeins that needed to be wound into balls for easier use at a later time. After an hour or more of winding and sorting I finally had the bin in better order:
Getting the bin in better order gave me the confidence and momentum I needed to tackle what had originally been a two-tiered rolling clothes hamper, but which now housed random skeins of yarn in no particular order in the top, and a massive tangle of yarn and crocheted pieces in the bottom:
After another ninety minutes spent sorting skeins of yarn and winding them (as needed) into balls of yarn, the double decker rolling bin had been transformed into this:
and I had recovered nine three-round granny squares begun as a scrap experiment:
I still have a lot of work to do between now and August 1. There is yarn to be untangled and a project to be designed, but having taken these two baby steps forward, I think I just might make it.