This weekend, as part of my on going quest to bring order out of the chaos — and in the process thwart entropy — that has engulfed my office/dining table, I decided to just sit at the table and start weaving in the ends of any pieces that were within reach.
While doing that, I got other things done, but by this morning I had gotten all of these done:
Pleased with my efforts, I then turned my attention to unloading the dishwasher and was confronted with a problematic shelf liner.
It was one I had crocheted when I was trying to work out an idea for a state fair project, and I had appliquéd a number of circles to the top of it which made it a lot of fun, but which also causes a lot of problems from a use perspective because the shelf in question is where the glasses go, and tet raised edge of the appliqué is just enough to cause problems.
So after I had gotten the dishes put away, I got out this partial skien of yarn:
and a 4.5 mm hook. Not sure what stitch I would go with for the new shelf liner, I finally settled on what is popularly known as the “Box stitch C2C,” a traditional staple of crochet that is currently undergoing a renaissance:
What made it most appealing to me for this project is that I would not have to make a huge swatch to get an accurate idea of how many stitches I would need to make for a foundation chain to get a well-fitting shelf liner.
So once I had tried out the stitch, I got started in earned, and before I decided to put my crochet up for the day, I had gotten this far:
Despite my efforts this weekend, there is still plenty to be organized in both my kitchen and my office/dining room, but I know that if I continue, once end, one shelf liner, and one stitch at a time, I will eventually reach my goal.
One thought on “My efforts to thwart entropy continue”
this is about the 35th mention of c2c today… Guess I ought to look into learning the formation of this stitch as it seems to be screaming for my attention.
Comments are closed.