After I wrote my last post about sorting through my yarn slug, I realized that instead of finishing work on a given group of crochet remnants, I was getting distracted by newer, more recently unearthed crochet remnants, and I was (as of Tuesday evening) juggling the fifty-seven crochet remnants in need of rehab and trying to get them camera ready.
So yesterday, instead of concentrating so much effort on what remains of the yarn slug, I instead did short five and ten minute untangling sprints, but otherwise spent most of the day working on the remnants at hand, and today, early in the afternoon, I finished work on the twenty-five crochet remnants I had identified for rehab on Tuesday:
However, because of what I had unearthed in the untangling “sprints,” I had identified nine new crochet remnants:
After subtracting the twenty-five finished crochet squares from the total of fifty-seven and adding in the nine new remnants to rehab, my overall count of “remnants to be rehabbed” was down from fifty-seven to forty-one. Not quite the progress I had envisioned, but still, it was progress, and I was juggling sixteen fewer crochet remnants and by the time the afternoon was over, I had a total of ten rehabbed six-inch crochet squares:
Twenty five-inch crochet squares:
and this twenty-first five-inch crochet square, which had really captured my heart:
Sometimes I wish I could be a more linear person, one who is not so easily distracted by the shiny crochet bits and pieces that I find, but I am not, and so I continue moving forward one stitch at a time.