From a crochet perspective, today went well, but it started with an adventure in untangling.
Yesterday, when I had needed to make more of the blue squares that are the principle color of the six sudoku afghan, I grabbed a full skein of Red Heart Super Saver blue, and in one undeft move, I managed to pull out a clump of yarn that had previously formed the center of the skein, and while I eventually found the elusive end, once I had crocheted the squares I needed, I moved on to the next thing and left the clump of yarn to its own devices.
Not, perhaps, the wisest thing I have ever done. By this morning the blue yarn had managed to mingle with at least half a dozen other yarns in the vicinity, and once I had sorted out the ensuing tangle, I decided that I had best crochet blue squares until I has used all of the yarn that could potentially tangle with all of the other yarns in the universe.
Eight squares/Bauhaus blocks later, I was finally working from the center of the skein:
With the tangle prone yarn dealt with and made into squares, I then finished the the first of six crocheted sudoku needed for this project:
I took a moment to enjoy what I had gotten done so far, and then I began assembling the 3-by-3 squares for the second sudoku, and managed to finish two of them before it was time for my son to get home from school. I took this photo:
and then quickly gathered the pieces and put them away in areas that are of no interest to my son. For what remained of the afternoon, I worked on this future pot holder, and nearly had it ready for felting before the crochet day was over:
Tomorrow is a new and marginally warmer day, and I am hoping to harness my energy and make continued progress on the six sudoku afghan.