With just four crafting days left in the month of November, I found that I needed to take one step back before I could begin moving forward.
Earlier in the month I began work on a project I called my yellow carpetbag.
Using Alice Merino’s Starling Handbag pattern and bright yellow acrylic rug yarn that was in my recent stash acquisition, I set out to make the large version of Ms. Merlino’s handbag design, and I got this far:
As delighted as I was with my progress and the outcome, I was faced with one, small problem: I didn’t have enough of the yellow yarn to make the bag as described in the pattern, and I wanted to make it without modifying the size at all.
Compounding the problem is the fact that I am using vintage yarn from my recent stash acquisition, and I have no way to travel back in time to get a few more skeins from the same dyelot.
After some thought I arrived at a solution.
There were other colors of rug yarn in the stash I acquired, including red and blue.
Figuring if it was good enough for Mondrian, it was good enough for me, I got these heretofore unused yarn bobbins out of storage:
Wound them with the aforementioned red and blue rug yarn:
and then frogged 10 rows of the carpetbag-to-be:
I am not exactly sure how or where I will use the colors, but it will, no doubt, be an interesting adventure.