After some unanticipated errands this morning, the focus of my stash down challenge 2012 efforts today were twofold.
First, I wanted to finish the six, six-inch granny squares I will be contributing to a community crochet project “Granny Squares for Sandy.”
I had already made three squares:
and wanted to bring the total to an even half-dozen. Unconvinced that the “scrap” granny in the center of the above photo worked (from a visual standpoint), I made four more of the solid center, variegated border granny squares:
with the hope that they would better coordinate with the two I had already made, and bring the total number of squares I had ready to send to Rhode Island to six:
With those squares done, I was able to turn my attention to my second goal of the day: making the pieces necessary to decorate my mother’s kitchen window with Sarah London’s Hawaiian flowers.
I am not yet certain how I will arrange these motifs or how many I will need to complete this project, but today I finished two nearly completed flowers:
which, when added to the three that I had already made, gave me five:
I enjoy about the stash down challenge, and one aspect of the challenge that I enjoy most is that the focus is solely on using what is in my stash, and that forces me to think about the materials I have in a new light.
Tomorrow I will continue with my quest to use what I have to bring order to my crochet life, and with any luck (and a lot of effort), I might just make some measurable progress.