Yesterday, I had a number of errands to run, so when I set out to get them done, I brought all of the squares for the fourth practically perfect bag that needed the ends woven in, and I got to work.
I made such good progress in those moments in between errands that I got a start on joining the pieces. Here is how it looked this morning before I took hook to yarn:
By mid-afternoon, I had finished making almost all of the joins for the body of the bag, and I had a start on a few of the two-round squares I will need for the straps and edging:
What is left is to do is wash and block the body of the bag, complete the joins needed for the body of the bag, cut out and sew the double lining for the bag, secure said double lining to the bag, finishing crocheting and then join the two-round squares for the edging/straps for the bag.
With a little luck and a lot of focus, I just might get it done before the start of state fair season.